We Strengthen Our Families by Inviting the Spirit of the Lord into Our Homes "Every family can be strengthened in one way or another if the Spirit of the Lord is brought into our homes and we teach by His example."

Robert D. Hales

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Quote by E. Dallin H. Oaks



My faithful widowed mother had no confusion about the eternal nature of the family relationship. She always honored the position of our faithful deceased father. She made him a presence in our home. She spoke of the eternal duration of their temple marriage and of our destiny to be together as a family in the next life. She often reminded us of what our father would like us to do so we could qualify for the Savior's promise that we could be a family forever. She never referred to herself as a widow, and it never occurred to me that she was. To me, as a boy growing up, she wasn't a widow. She had a husband and we had a father. He was just away for awhile.

Another quote I needed, Sister Becerra gave me this quote, it is exactly how I feel about my husband, he is just gone for awhile. I'm so very thankful for all the support I have received from my family and friends.

3 comments:

pan x 8 said...

You are completely awesome Kelly. Our prayers are with you and your beautiful children. Your faith and "upbeat"ness strengthens me!

thank you.

Anonymous said...

I feel like he is away for awhile too and I can't wait for us to be reunited. You are a wonderful mother, wife, sister, and friend and I love you so much!

Dawn said...

Such a sweet message.
Thinking of you.