We Strengthen Our Families by Inviting the Spirit of the Lord into Our Homes "Every family can be strengthened in one way or another if the Spirit of the Lord is brought into our homes and we teach by His example."

Robert D. Hales

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Today I miss Joe!!


I miss having my Buba at home, our home doesn't seem complete. The hospital (University of Utah) allowed the kids in Joe's room last night. What a blessing for the kids! Joe is pretty much incoherent, he just sleeps with a lot of tossing a turning. He is so distended (swollen stomach & chest) he can't get comfortable. I'm so thankful for the Savior in my life, he has lead and guided our family through this trial. We have had so many tender mercies that have touched my heart. Being accepted to Medicaid (they will cover the transplant), the new Liver team, they are always checking on Joe, the comforting spirit that is with me night and day, they peaceful feeling I get when I drive home from the hospital at night.
Joe's mom has spent the nights with Joe so I can be home with my babies at nights. Joe's one and only super sister Malisa spent the day/night with Joe yesterday, thanks Aunite Lysa. My mom has been either at my house or at the hospital, and my cute sis, is also such a trooper.
Their are so many to name, thank you ALL for your LOVE, PRAYERS, and concerns for my Joe-Joe. I love you ALL!!!

8 comments:

briana said...

Sniff. You're amazing. We love your family.

Lac said...

Longest post you've ever done....I'm proud of you! You are doing so amazing Kel. I was so relieved to hear your voice because I had been so worried and I have to say that your attitude and calmness chilled me out and made me think..."if Kelly's ok, then I'm ok". I'm so glad that people have stepped up to make this work for you and your family and that the prayers of so many that have been touched by your family were answered and that joe joe will get the medical help he needs. Crazy the way we learn our lessons isn't it. I love you to bits.

The land of Vegas said...

They need a 'like' button on blogger like on facebook. Just imagine my thumbs up.

Anonymous said...

I love you Kel and I don't know what I would do without you. You are such a great example to me and I love you so much! Thanks for the fun ride home the other night. I really am praying for you and your fam!

Heath said...

...a post of gratitude...you are amazing. That is a miracle that Medicaid picked you up right in time for the cost of a TRANSPLANT. Love you...

Sam and Josh said...

We wish you all the best and have you in our prayers daily. If we can do anything, please let us know. You are an amazing wife and mother. Hang in there, we love you.

Glass House said...

OH Kelly! I heard about your husband today, my husband said someone had passed away in the 8th ward, and I said, "OH don't tell me it's JOE!", My prayers are with you and your sweet family!!---Jana (Butterfly Love Photography)

Unknown said...

You and your family will always be in my prayers.